Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guide to Free Online Yoga

When people find out I do online yoga classes, they often ask me for the details. I actually took an 8 week community ed yoga class here last fall. It was pretty good, but I didn't understand much of what the teacher said and it was pretty basic for me. So, I've been doing yoga at home sometimes with a video and sometimes without. There's no true substitute for a live class, but they can be helpful if you're an expat, can't afford classes, are snowed in, etc.

So, here are my sources for free online yoga. They are in no particular order and the quality varies considerably. If you know of more, please leave a comment - I'd love to add to this list!

yogajournal.com 20 minute video and audio podcasts you can download or stream for free.

yogayak.com A 1/2 dozen or so free full length classes

yogatoday.com Once you create a login, you can do their new free class every week.

yogadownload.com You can download or stream 20-30 minutes of class video/audio for free.

yogaglo.com Free 15 day trial. Disclosure - I haven't done this and it says "limited access".

myfreeyoga.com Have to create a login, many classes/pose demonstrations, most pretty short.

gaiamyogaclub.com 10 day free trial of 9 videos.

Most of these sites want you to either pay for individual classes or purchase a subscription, which I plan to do once I figure out which I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment