Osaka is our new favorite city in Japan. Here's why; it's fun, really fun. There is joy in Osaka and we can't say that about all of Japan. It can be kind of a buttoned up, melancholy place to live. Osaka lets it all hang out though.
- We saw the view of the city from the top of the Umeda sky building and rode on the largest ferris wheel in the world.
- We visited the National Museum of Art Osaka and saw contemporary pieces by Japanese artists.
- One of the highlights was the aquarium - photos to come in a later post but let's just say that we got to pet the fish. Here's Josie petting a sting ray. It was soft like velvet!
- The girls went to Spaworld which was ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
- We reunited with J & A and visited the castle.
- We played arcade games and took hilarious photo booth pictures.
- We went to a standing shot bar and sang karaoke (twice). That's the kind of place it is!
- We daytripped to Kobe and ate and ate - more posts coming on all that too. Here's a classic fake food pic to tide you over....
- We people watched a whole bunch. This Japanese gal pretty much sums up Osakan fashion. Fur is IN! Yes, that's a fake fur tail hanging from her belt :)